HERNANDO COUNTY LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE Goals and Objectives for 2013 GOALS
I. To become more informed to better serve as library advocates within the community.
II. To be accountable to the public, Board of County Commissioners, County Administrator, and Library Services Director.
III. To be supportive of library services and programs.
IV. To assist in providing a feasible, adequate public library system.
1. Continued education about library services, with presentations by Library Services Director, Assistant Director, County Administrator, representative(s) of State Library, and others.
2. Be familiar with the "job description" for a committee member and update and revise the job description as necessary.
3. Election of officers in January biannually. Preparation and review of goals and objectives biannually in February of the opposite year in which Election of Officers is held.
4. As vacancies occur, the committee will conduct interviews for potential new committee members and will formulate a recommendation to the BCC.
HERNANDO COUNTY LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Goals and Objectives for 2013
5. Consider attending a locally offered county or library education or training program.
6. Consider attending workshops or seminars within the region covering topics with issues facing libraries on the local, regional, state and national levels.
7. Consider participating in community event(s) to further the outreach of the library.
8. Prepare an annual report (due 12/31) for the public, Board of County Commissioners, and library staff.
9. Consider attendance at or sponsorship of public lectures or programs to promote the library.
10. Participate in long-range planning efforts to enhance library services and facilities.
Approved by the Library Advisory Committee on 2/12/2013
At a Glance
Programs & News